To snatch up dadelijk aangrijpen, direct op ingaan
Pill plunderen, roven
Stain bezoedelen, besmeuren
Foulard halsdoek van foulardzijde
What the text is about:
Italy is competing with China about textiles clothing and shoes.
Problem: china is copying low-tch traditional Italian products like textiles, clothes and shoes.
This means more competition.
In the future by economist Milan Based Banca Intesa Stefania trenti:
Wants a high end marly family owned companies come together and to organize more efficiently innovating responding more quickly to changes in the customers tastes.
Bv. Seri Co quality silk makes clothes of Como banded together create a new brand of silk, this means haut couture
And boats to export 8x faster to Rusia and China
China’s price has rose for shoes, this means more costumers for china, and a high quality apparel
Italy technologie don’t tear pill initate skin of stain
Alles adro tessento china learned how to do what we do
Chief executive from Como’s Clerici Tessuto
Doubts to see in China silk foulards, landscape and stiletto hefts.
Most computers sound quality is poor and the network players that connect to your audio system have no concept of a symphony as a single work but divides the whole cd in seperate tracks with as consequent that there is a pause between two tracks.
New Olive Symphony Digital Music Player for classic music
- liquid-crystal display readable across a room
- almost total lack of noise, the result of using a super quiet hard drive and coding van
- interruptions with connecting the internet
- the Maconly Playlist sotftware allows to create playlists and edit music descriptions using a greater variety of data that allowed by Itunes but it has to be renewed because now there is a nuisance of the errors and omissions
- insert cd in slot “import” for downloading but over 200 cd’s
It gets tedious so send the company the cd’s you want to hear and they will download it for you when you order it.
An adman’s guide to survival Vocabulary:
Untameable niet te temmen
Demeanor4 gedrag, houding, optreden, manier van doen
The stealthy sell In a cluttered marketplace, advertisers need to be different. The Europeans advertisers are turning to stealth crossover techniques in advertising because the traditional ads, repeating a brand name 30 times in 30 sec, no longer stand out. Now they are creating radio and TV shows like
- Chihuahua = great hit from dj bobo, the single sells all around Europe, even the people sing it. It is originally the sound of marketing of coca cola
- 6 pack = a show with 6 people with a camera doing stupid things like glue themselves to the ceiling, learn how to spit fire, … it’s a marketing of Heineken
Because every marketer’s dream is to transcend marketing and become a cultural phenomenon, then you’re connecting with consumers. If branding is playing with consumers, then play a game they’ll like. Coca cola his goal was to bring a fun moment to life, happy and joyfull, they did it with Chihuahua.
Doctors call for action over obesity ‘timebomb’ Report of Royal College of Physicians, the Faculty Public Health and the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health: “Storing up problems: The medical case for a slimmer nation” is a raft of recommendations to the Government, the food industry, local authorities, the NHS and individuals to tackle the obesity epidemic:
- highlights the terrifying health consequences of the obesity epidemic that will particularly impact on our children unless effective and coherent preventive measures are taken: more than half of the UK is either overweight or obese, Children are increasingly showing signs of becoming the worst generation yet when it comes to controlling their weight.
- identifies responsibilities of every segment of society from central Government to individual families, and makes practical and realistic recommendations that need to be taken forward immediately to achieve a slimmer and healthier nation.
- recommends that a cross-governmental taskforce should be set up at Cabinet level to develop nationwide strategies to tackle the country’s weight problems
- the government should mount a sustained public education campaign to improve understanding of the benefits of healthy eating and an active life
- incentives to encourage the production and sale of healthier foods are also suggested, as well as new standards for food labelling agreed by the food industry and the Food Standards Agency
- to do more research to find out what was behind the obesity epidemic to allow prevention methods and treatments to be developed
- a range of examples of action that could also be taken at a local level to tackle the nation’s weights problems like town planners discouraging car use in their work so more people walk and cycle and increase the amount of exercise they do and that building design should discourage the use of lifts and make people use the stairs more often.
One-third of adults, a fifth of boys and a third of girls would be obese by 2020 in UK
Fare and square Vocabulary:
Bargain-basement deals kopje
Eager iets graag
To hike stijgen
Fare wat de prijzen betreft
To embed in gedachten komen bij
what the text is about:
No frills airline bv. Rainair
You’ve only paid for the flight no food and bags
Secondary airports landing fees are cheaper and take off
Price difference demand and supply
Yield management who comes first has the best conditions
The joys of working at home Telecommuting: to down- and upload information of your work at home.
- couple of sec to walk from the bedroom to the garage
- choose when to work
- wear what he wants
- he doesn’t feel free, they teas him all the time, more than he was at work
- difficult to get anything done or to start working
- wrong image, misses friends at work
- software fails
Putting the finger on security Directer of BIOSET
- fingerprint scan
- eye scan
- voice verification
- foolproof: and no one can copy a fingerprint.
- don’t worry about forgetting keys
- fingerprint scan: recognizes fingerprint
- eye scan: works by directing a low- intensity infrared light trough the pupil to the back of the eye, lasts 2 sec
- voice verification: works by creating a digital picture of an individual’s vocal tract. Bad colds can not trip up the device, since it recognizes the physiological characteristics that produces speech, not sound or pronunciation.
You can’t take it with you Paradox: the life insurance policy you’ve been paying into for yours when you are terminal ill you can’t take it with you, but it’s of little use until you’re dead.
Life insurance that pays you cash before you die:
Offers to buy the policies of dying people for a discount. The seller gets ready cash and Living Benefits gets the full value of the policy after the client passes away.
First clients have to prove they are terminally ill and then offers a discount that usually ranges from 60 to 75%, based on factors such as monthly premiums, interest-rate levels and how long the client is likely to live.