As from the year 2002 the university introduced a new allocation model IVVU (InternVerdeelmodelVU) that is used by the university to determine the direct funding of the research and the teaching activities for the different faculties of the university. Although the total direct funding of the faculty was initially not influenced by this new model, the share of research funding in the total funding decreased enormously from 44,0% in 2001 to 34,4% in 2002. For faculties with teaching activities leading to the Master degree, the policy of the university is to allocate approximately 35% of the direct funding for research activities. The remaining 65% is then used for teaching activities.
Over the years 2001-2004 the total of activities of the faculty has increased due to the start of Business Administration. During this period, the faculty has adjusted the expenditure in research and teaching activities according to the policy of the university.
6. Processes in research, internal and external collaboration Through its system of allocation of research funding (expressed in full time equivalents) the Faculty of Economics and Business Administration seeks to emphasise quality. This policy has proven effective, as over the years an increasing number of researchers acceded to publishers and journals of international standard.
To stimulate internal and external collaboration, the Faculty of Economics and Business Administration participates in several research schools and research institutes, such as:
The Faculty of Economics and Business Administration participates in the Tinbergen Institute, a graduate and research school in economics, econometrics and finance. FEWEB PhD students participate in the graduate school and 36 research fellows of our faculty participate in the research institute. These fellows are selected on the basis of their publication records. A list of research fellows of the Tinbergen Institute is provided in the enclosures (Appendix I).